* 1 lb medium shrimp
* 1 tbsp butter
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 clove of garlic, minced
* 3 large tomatoes - peeled, seeded and chopped
* 1 bay leave
* 2 whole cloves
* 6 new potatoes - halved
* 4 cups of milk
* 2 ears of sweet corn - cut into 6 slices
* 2 egg yolks
1. Shell the Shrimps and sautÚ the shrimp shells in 1 tbsp of butter for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add 2 cups of water and boil until this stock is reduced by half. Strain the stock and discard the shells.
3. SautÚ onion and garlic in the remaining butter until they are tender. Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, clover and the reduced shrimp stock. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain the mixture.
4. Add the potatoes and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Potatoes should be soft.
5. Add the milk, shrimp, and corn. Cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Beat the egg yolks and add 3 to 4 tbsp of the hot soup to temper the egg mixture. Stir the egg mixture in the soup over low heat and cook until it thickens slightly.