Sicilian Pine Nut Pasta With Capers
* 3 Tbsp butter
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 cup pine nuts
* 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
* 3 Tbsp capers, rinsed
* 1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
* 1 tsp fresh oregano, minced
* 1 tsp flat leaf parsley, minced
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 lb. pasta, any shape
* 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet, add the butter and olive oil and heat over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and pine nuts, reduce the heat to low, and continue to cook until the pine nuts are just turning light golden brown.
3. Add to the skillet the olives, capers, basil, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper.
4. Mix gently together until it's heated through and fragrant. Remove from heat.
5. Cook the pasta in a large pot according to package directions, making sure the pasta remains al dente. Drain well.
6. Add the pasta to the skillet with the pine nut and oil mixture and stir together.
7. Turn heat on low and heat pasta and oil just until mixture is nice and hot.
8. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
9. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on each serving.
This is a classic Mediterranean dish that is filling, fragrant, and very pretty, too.
If you haven't cooked with capers yet, this is the dish to try. Capers make a big flavorful impact on food that you won't forget.