Simple Baked Bread Custard
* 4 slices Oatbran and Honey bread
* 2 TBSP hazelnut spread
* 1 TBSP raisins
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1/2 C caster sugar
* 1 C low-fat milk
* 1 TBSP custard powder
1. Spread two slices of bread, one side only, with the hazelnut spread.
2. Sprinkle the raisins on top.
3. Cover with the remaining slices of bread.
4. Cut each one into 4 quarters.
5. Place the quarters into a large baking dish standing up.
6. In the same bowl that you slightly beat the eggs add the cinnamon, sugar and milk.
7. Whisk the ingredients together thoroughly.
8. Pour the milk mixture over the top of the bread quarters in the baking pan.
9. Allow the bread to sit until all of the liquid ingredients has been absorbed into the bread.
10. Set the oven temperature to 400 degrees and allow the oven to heat.
11. Place the baking dish into a larger baking dish.
12. Fill the bottom dish 2/3 full of water being careful not to allow any water into the smaller baking pan.
13. Bake 45 minutes or until set.
Custard of any kind always seems kind of, well, fussy to me. This one takes a little preparation, but is really a lot simpler than it looks at first glance. And the finished product is well worth your time. Try this special breakfast on your family and see if they don't think you've become a chef!