* 1/2 cup celery, diced
* 1/4 cup onion, diced
* 1 Tbsp. oil
* 48 oz. vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
* 1 cup carrots, diced
* 2 cups shredded cabbage
* 2 cups green beans, cut
* 1/2 tsp. dried basil
* 1/4 tsp. cumin
* salt and pepper to taste
1. In large soup pot, heat oil and saute celery and onion until almost tender, but not quite.
2. Pour in the broth and all the remaining ingredients.
3. Bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Taste for salt and pepper, adjust seasonings and serve hot.