Sirloin Steak with Sweet Caramelized Onions
*2 TBSP butter, divided
*3 C sweet onion, sliced thin
*1/2 tsp. sugar
*3 TBSP beef broth
*1 tsp. thyme, chopped
*2 (6 oz.) beef sirloin steaks, boneless 1 in. thick
*1/4 tsp. salt
*1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Melt 1 TBSP of the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion slices.
3. Blend the sugar into with the onions and butter.
4. Cook 20 minutes or until the onions caramelize, stirring often.
5. Pour the beef broth into the skillet.
6. Stir in the thyme.
7. Continue to cook 3 minutes or until the broth is reduced by half.
8. Rub the salt and pepper onto both sides of the 2 steaks.
9. Melt the remaining butter in a large skillet.
10. Add the steaks.
11. Cook 5 minutes then flip the steaks.
12. Cook 3 more minutes for medium rare, 5 minutes for medium or 7 minutes for well.
13. Place the onion mixture over the steaks before serving.
This is definitely a date-night at home dinner. The steaks are so filling and pleasing, your date won't leave the table hungry. The sweet onions add a restaurant quality that both of you will adore.