Skillet Baked Breakfast
* 5 slices bacon
* 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 8 large eggs
* 3/4 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. hot red pepper sauce
* 1 (10 oz.) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and dried
* 3/4 C (3 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
2. Drain bacon and allow to cool to room temperature.
3. Place the oil in a skillet and heat over medium heat.
4. Add the onion and cook 6 minutes or until slightly brown.
5. In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, salt and red pepper sauce until well blended.
6. Add the spinach.
7. Crumble the bacon into the spinach and egg mixture.
8. Stir all ingredients together well.
9. Add the spinach and egg mixture to the onions in the skillet.
10. Cook until the edges begin to set.
11. When the edges set lift the mixture up so any uncooked egg can run under the continue to cook.
12. Cook about 5 minutes making sure all the uncooked egg has run underneath and been completely cooked.
13. Mixture top should be almost set.
14. Add the cheese to the top of the egg mixture.
15. Cover the skillet and continue cooking until the cheese is melted 3 to 4 minutes.
16. Cut into wedges and serve.