1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, 1/2 can sloppy joe sauce, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and onion, then shape into a loaf.
2. Place meatloaf into a loaf or baking pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
4. Remove loaf from oven and top with remaining sauce.
5. Place loaf back in oven and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
6. Total cooking time is 1 hour and 15 minutes.
This is a great way to spice up an ordinary meatloaf. I always just used a can of tomato sauce, but that just was getting monotonous. To make the meatloaf even more interesting, you can stick a bit of mozzarella cheese in for fun. Don't go overboard... a little goes a long way. Enjoy!