* 3 lbs beef stew meat
* 15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* 15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
* 2 (14 1/2 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1/4 t black pepper
* 1/2 t salt
1. Add all ingredients to a 4 quart crock-pot and mix thoroughly.
2. Cook, covered, for 8 hours on low.
I like this particular beef and beans dish because you use chunks of stew beef rather than ground beef, so it's really a heartier version of the classic pot of beans we sometimes call "calico beans." Very yummy, indeed!