Snappy Salsa Chops With A Secret
*1 tsp cumin
*1 tsp chili powder
*4 boneless pork chops
*1 TBSP canola oil
*1 1/4 C mild salsa
*1 tsp baking cocoa
*1/8 tsp cinnamon
*2 TBSP cilantro, minced
*1 green onion, chopped
1. Mix the cumin and chili powder together in a small bowl.
2. Press the mixture into both sides of each pork chop.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet placed over medium heat.
4. Add the chops to the skillet and cook 4 minutes.
5. Turn the chops and continue cooking 3 minutes or until browned.
6. Place the salsa into a small mixing bowl.
7. Sprinkle the cocoa and cinnamon into the salsa and blend well.
8. Pour the salsa mixture over the chops in the skillet.
9. Bring the mixture to a brisk boil.
10. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the chops for 10 minutes or until tender.
11. Turn the pork chops over half way through and be sure to stir the salsa mixture.
12. Place the chops on a serving plate.
13. Sprinkle with the cilantro and onion before serving.
So, what's the secret? A touch of cocoa! Some chocolate candies have a pinch of chili powder to add a bit of "what is that wonderful flavor" to them. So, why not do the same to a dish with chili powder... add a touch of cocoa! If you've been making the same old pork chops for years, it's really time to take a walk on the wild side. Enjoy!