* 2-3/4 cups/675 mL all-purpose flour
* 2 tsp/10 mL cream of tartar
* 1 tsp/5 mL baking soda
* 1/4 tsp/1.2 mL salt
* 1-1/2 cups/375 mL sugar
* 1/2 cup/125 mL butter, softened
* 1/2 cup/125 mL vegetable shortening
* 2 eggs
* 1 tsp/5 mL Original Double-Strength Vanilla (11 oz)
* 1/4 cup/60 mL white sugar
* 1 tbsp/15 mL Cinnamon (6 oz), more if desired
Preheat oven to 400░F/205░C.
Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, shortening and eggs with electric mixer until well-blended and smooth. Stir in flour mixture.
Refrigerate dough, if needed, until firm enough
Shape level tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-1/2 inch/35-mm balls.
Roll in mixture of remaining sugar and cinnamon.
Place 2 inches/5 cm apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and tops are crinkled.
Remove to wire rack to cool.
Makes 48 cookies.