1. In a large bowl add the butter, sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
2. In another bowl sift the salt and flour together.
3. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
4. Gently fold in the chopped pecans.
5. Shape the mixture into golf ball sized balls.
6. Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for approximately 15 minutes at 350F or until golden brown.
8. Take a small bowl and add some powdered sugar.
9. Once the cookies are done baking, roll them through the powdered sugar and set aside to cool.