Soothing Pumpkin Bisque
* 1/2 C canola oil
* 2 C white onions, chopped fine
* 2 green onions, chopped fine
* 1/2 C celery, chopped fine
* 1 green chili pepper, chopped fine
* 3 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
* 2 C of pumpkin puree
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
* 1 C evaporated skim milk, donít dilute
* Salt to taste
* Pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat put the oil.
2. The onions, celery and chili pepper are stirred in.
3. Stir occasionally until onion become transparent.
4. Stir in the chicken broth.
5. The pumpkin puree is folded in.
6. The bay leaf and cumin are added and stirred until combined.
7. Bring the mixture to a steady boil and reduce the heat to low.
8. Stir often while simmering for 30 minutes.
9. After removing the bay leaf discard it.
10. Gently stir in the evaporated milk.
11. Cook 5 minutes longer but donít let the bisque boil again.
12. Before serving stir in salt and pepper to taste.
If you're still in the mood for all things pumpkin after your big holiday meal, this is a great way to enjoy the taste of pumpkin without getting stuffed! This soup, or bisque, is very smooth and delicious. It's also pretty enough for company!