* 6 strips bacon
* 2 lbs. boneless beef cubes
* 2 (15 oz.) cans kidney beans, drained
* 1 (28 oz.) can tomatoes, cut up
* 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
* 1 C finely chopped onion
* 1/2 C thinly sliced carrots
* 1/2 C finely chopped green pepper
* 1/2 C finely chopped celery
* 2 TBSP minced parsley
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 bay leaf
* 2 TBSP chili powder
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/8 tsp. pepper
1. In a large skillet over medium heat fry the bacon until crisp.
2. Drain well on a paper towel.
3. Brown the beef cubes in the bacon drippings just until all sides are brown.
4. Place the browned meat into your crock pot.
5. Crumble the bacon and add it to the crock pot.
6. Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, carrots, green pepper, celery, parsley and garlic to the crock pot.
7. Stir in the bay leaf, chili powder, salt and pepper.
8. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
9. Stir often to be sure all the ingredients are mixed together well.