1) In a large heavy skillet, cook beef over medium high heat, breaking it up as it browns.
2) Once the beef is browned well, stir in the chili powder and cook for 30 seconds more.
3) Add the salsa and corn and let the mixture come to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and put on cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Uncover and sprinkle on the cheese, then re-cover and let simmer for 2 more minutes.
5) Serve with big dipping tortilla chips for a snack or serve over brown rice for a full meal. You can also use this for a taco or burrito filling.
This is a very versatile recipe. It can be used as a basic taco filling, taco salad, burrito filling, or even layered between tortillas in a casserole dish. Start with this simple recipe and use your creativity to build any sort of dish you like.