Speedy Spinach Mushroom Risotto
* 2 Tbsp butter
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 2 C of Risotto rice
* 1 C dry white wine
* 2 C of vegetable stock
* 1 1/2 C of water
* 1 (5 oz.) pkg. button mushrooms, thickly sliced
* 1 bunch spinach, washed, trimmed and chopped
* 1/4 C of fresh parsley, chopped
* 3/4 C Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Place the butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
2. Add the onion and garlic.
3. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once, or until the onion is tender.
4. Stir the rice into the mixture.
5. Cover the bowl and cook 1 minute.
6. Stir the wine, vegetable stock and water into the bowl.
7. Recover the bowl and microwave on High for 15 minutes, being sure to stir often.
8. Place the mushrooms into the bowl.
9. Recover and microwave an additional 5 minutes or until the liquid is almost absorbed.
10. Place the spinach in the bottom of large serving bowl.
11. Spread the rice mixture over the spinach.
12. Sprinkle the top with the parsley and cheese just before serving.
Risotto is generally considered an Italian-inspired rice dish. But, folks make this side dish in a variety of ways, and the best way is to make it the way your family loves it! This is a good recipe to start with because it's colorful, nutritious, and tastes great! Oh, yeah, it's also quick!