1. Take a large bowl and add the sifted flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix ingredients well.
2. In another bowl add the milk, eggs and butter. Mix well.
3. Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.
4. Fold in grated apples and chopped walnuts
5. Spoon batter into lightly greased muffin tin.
6. Preheat oven to 350F and bake muffins for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Allow pan to cool for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.