* 3 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tbsp chili powder
* 1 tsp garlic powder
* 1 tbsp cumin
* 2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
* 1/2 tsp oregano
* 1 (2 lb) flank steak about 3/4 inch thick
* 8 (8 in) tortillas
* 2 C Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
* 4 C lettuce, shredded
* 2 C of chunky salsa
* 1 C sour cream
1. Stir together the oil, chili and garlic powder, cumin, peppercorns, and oregano.
2. Trim any fat from the steak.
3. Press the oil mixture into the steak on both sides.
4. Seal the steak in a zip lock bag and refrigerate 4 hours.
5. Heat the grill on the highest setting.
6. Allow the steak to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
7. Grill the steak 12 minutes, turning once during the grilling time.
8. Cool the steak enough to handle then cut into strips, diagonally against the grain of the meat.
9. Wrap the tortillas in foil and place on the grill for 2 minutes.
10. Top each tortilla with some steak strips, cheese and lettuce.
11. Top with the salsa and sour cream, and roll up tortilla.
Flank steak is the perfect choice for using in tortilla wraps because you can really use a lot of spices on it, it cooks up quick, and it's inexpensive. You don't have to use this recipe for grilling flank steak only for wraps, it makes an excellent meat to add to a mixed green salad, too.