Spicy Peach Grilled Turkey Breast
* 1 tbsp black peppercorn, crushed fine
* 1 tbsp cumin
* 1 tbsp chili powder
* 1 tbsp oregano
* 1 tbsp minced garlic
* 1/4 C lime juice
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 6 firm peaches, peeled and chopped fine
* 1 C peach preserves
* 2/3 C peach juice
* 1/4 C sugar
* 2 tbsp cider vinegar
* 4 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and chopped fine
* 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped fine
* 1 (4 lb) turkey breast
* Canola oil
1. Stir the peppercorns, cumin, chili powder and oregano together.
2. Add in the garlic, lime juice and oil and stir into the mixture becomes a paste.
3. Coat the entire turkey breast with the paste mixture.
4. Place the turkey into a zip lock bag and remove as much air as possible.
5. Seal the bag tightly and refrigerate overnight.
6. Over medium high heat in a saucepan mix together the peaches and preserves.
7. Whisk in the peach juice, sugar and vinegar.
8. Bring to a rapid boil and reduce the heat to low.
9. Simmer the mixture for 30 minutes stirring often.
10. Allow the mixture to cool for at least 10 minutes after removing it from the heat.
11. Put the cooled mixture in food processer and mix until very smooth.
12. Stir in the peppers and cilantro until blended in well.
13. The mixture is cooled to room temperature then refrigerated until ready to use.
14. The grill should be heated to medium high temperature.
15. Brush the entire turkey breast with canola oil.
16. Place the turkey over indirect heat and grill for 1 hour 15 minutes.
17. Remove and cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
18. Smother the turkey slices with the peach mixture before serving.
Turkey breast is usually a very good deal at our local grocery store. There are a lot of ways to cook a turkey breast, but if you don't want it to be bland, I'd say this is an excellent recipe to try. Very fancy, very delicious, and pretty easy, too. Why have bland when you can have incredible?!