1. Combine thoroughly egg whites or substitute, oil and salt into starter and set aside.
2. Combine ginger, cinnamon and molasses in a bowl; stir into starter mixture.
3. Stir flour into mixture until lumps are no longer present.
4. Dissolve baking soda and baking powder in water and mix into batter.
5. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
6. When hot, spray skillet surface with nonstick cooking spray (nonfat).
7. Spoon 1/3 cup batter onto skillet and cook 2-3 minutes or until small holes appear in batter and bottom is browned.
Turn cakes and cook additional minute or until browned.
Serve with desired toppings.