* 1 lb. salmon fillets
* 4 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
* 1 cup Greek yogurt
* 1/2 cup red onions, chopped
* 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
* 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
* 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
* 4 drops Louisiana Hot Sauce
* 1 lime, juiced
* 1 tsp sea salt
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Grill or bake salmon fillets until solid and no longer translucent in the center. Put cooked salmon on a rack to cool, and remove skin completely.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients, mixing until combined well.
3. Break up the cooled salmon into small pieces and add to the mixture, stirring to combine with a large rubber spatula or spoon. Taste, and add more salt and pepper to taste.
4. Put in pretty bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
5. Serve with crispy tortilla chips, crusty bread, bread sticks, or other favorite breads.
The cilantro and hot sauce really kicks this salmon spread up a notch or two. This is perfect as a party hors d'oeuvre or even as a nice luncheon.
If you don't have fresh salmon, or need to whip this up faster, you can use canned salmon. Just be sure to buy a good quality so it stands up well against the flavors and has a good, flaky texture.