* 3 tsp high heat cooking oil, like safflower oil
* 1/2 cup pine nuts
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 bags (12 oz total) fresh spinach
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* Dash red pepper flakes
* 2 cups fresh basil leaves, torn
* freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a very large skillet, add cooking oil over medium-low heat. Add pine nuts and cook, shaking skillet gently, until just starting to brown a little, about 2 minutes. Add minced garlic and continue cooking, stirring constantly for 1 more minute.
2. Turn heat up to medium and add spinach, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Toss spinach around in skillet for about 3 minutes or until it just starts to wilt.
3. Add fresh basil leaves, tossing to combine, and continue cooking for 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Grate fresh Parmesan cheese on top of each serving.
I got on a spinach kick some time ago... then got on a pine nut kick. Tossing both together in a stir fry makes sense and it's yummy. But then the basil was ready in the garden and I thought "Why not?" So, this is the result. I would never have thought spinach and basil would go together, but they are a natural flavor combination. Very delicious. Give it a try and enjoy!