Warm Spinach Dip In A Bread Bowl
(Dip In A Bread Bowl)
*2 TBSP butter
*1/4 C chopped onion
*1 tsp garlic
*1 3/4 C half and half
*2 pkg (9 oz each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
*1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
*1 C shredded Cheddar cheese
*1 pkg (1 oz) dry vegetable soup mix
*1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese
1 loaf French Bread, split in half and center taken out
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add onion and garlic.
4. Cook 3 minutes or until onion just starts to become tender.
5. Add flour.
6. Cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
7. Place half and half into pan.
8. Cook stirring constantly until mixture begins to boil and thicken.
9. Remove pan from heat.
10. Add dry soup mix, cheese, water chestnuts and spinach to mixture.
11. Stir to completely cover spinach.
12. Spray a large casserole dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
13. Place spinach mixture in the casserole dish.
14. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
15. Bake uncovered for 12 to 14 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
16. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
17. Spoon mixture into carved out bread.
18. Use middle pieces of bread for dipping.