Star Spangled Fudge
* 12 oz white chocolate
* 3/4 C sweetened condensed milk
* 1 C toasted almonds, finely chopped
* 1/4 C dried cranberries
* 1/4 C dried blueberries
* 1 TBSP orange peel, grated
1. Place the white chocolate in a microwave save bowl.
2. Place on high in the microwave for 2 minutes.
3. Chocolate should be almost melted if not return to the microwave at 10 second intervals until just about melted.
4. Remove chocolate and stir until completely smooth.
5. Add the almonds and stir well.
6. Work quickly so the chocolate doesnĺt begin to harden adds the cranberries, blueberries and orange peel.
7. Stir well.
8. Extend a piece of foil from the bottom of an 8 in baking dish over the edges.
9. You need enough foil to cover the entire pan and leave extra to use as handles to remove the fudge when done.
10. Use a rubber spatula and spread the mixture evenly into the foiled lined dish.
11. Place the fudge in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until the fudge becomes very firm.
12. Remove from the refrigerator and lift out of the baking dish by the handles.
13. Lay on a flat surface and cut into bite size squares.
14. Store tightly in the refrigerator for as long as 10 days.