*2 (8 oz) New York Strip steaks (1 in thick)
*1/2 tsp coarse salt
*1 TBSP olive oil
*1 TBSP unsalted butter
*6 oz. Portobello mushrooms, sliced
*1 clove of garlic, minced
*1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1. Heat the broiler while preparing the steaks.
2. Sprinkle the salt over the steaks.
3. Place the steaks on the broiler pan.
4. Broil 4 minutes turn and continue broiling 3 minutes.
5. Place the steaks on a serving platter covered loosely with foil.
6. Place the oil and the butter together in a skillet.
7. Position the skillet over medium heat.
8. Heat until the butter has completely melted.
9. Place the mushrooms in the skillet and stir to coat.
10. Cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes.
11. Add the garlic to the skillet.
12. Stirring continuously cook for 30 seconds.
13. Take the skillet off the heat and stir in the vinegar.
14. Divide the mushroom sauce over the two steaks.
For a Valentine's dinner for two, you can't beat a nice broiled steak, unless you top those steaks with a hot portobello mushroom and balsamic vinegar sauce. This is a very simple sauce to make, but it really packs a wallop. It doesn't take long to put together, so you can move onto dessert without the night slipping away from you! A splendid Sweetheart meal!