1. Place the strawberries and bananas in a bowl and toss to combine.
2. Spread 1/4 cup of the fruit mixture onto 2 pieces of the French bread in a single layer.
3. Top with remaining French bread slices.
4. Set the remaining fruit aside.
5. Beat the egg, half and half, cinnamon and vanilla in a shallow bowl.
6. Holding sandwich closed, carefully dip one side, then flip and dip the other side of sandwich into the egg mixture.
7. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
8. Place the sandwiches into the skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until the bread is golden brown.
9. Remove and sprinkle with the confectionersĺ sugar and top with the remaining fruit.
Makes 2 servings
If French toast is one of your favorite breakfast foods, this will take that up a whole bunch of notches! It might be a bit messy to dip, but it's worth it. Just hold the sandwich tight and dip, flip, dip, then into skillet. Yes, your fingers will get dipped too, but by the time you wash up, your sandwiches will be ready to flip. Grab your plates, and your sandwiches are ready to enjoy!
If you don't want the sugar, you can omit it. The fruit is plenty flavorful without it. Or, you can drizzle a bit of honey into the bowl when you mix the fruit.