1. Prepare the brownies using directions on package.
2. Make instant pudding using cold skim milk.
3. Chill in refrigerator.
4. Once brownies are baked, allow to cool completely and cut into squares.
5. Use trifle bowl or square 4 quart plastic container.
6. Create trifle by layering in trifle bowl or container as follows starting from the bottom. Brownies, whipped topping, pudding, toffee pieces
7. Continue layering until all ingredients have been used, being sure to set aside enough whipped topping to cover the top.
8. Add sliced fruit on top.
9. Refrigerate until serving time.