1. Set the oven temperature to 400 degrees and allow oven to heat.
2. Meanwhile, spray a muffin tin with a non- stick cooking spray or use paper muffin cups.
3. Place the both whole wheat flours into a large bowl and add the baking powder and salt.
4. Mix together until all the ingredients are blended together thoroughly.
5. In a separate bowl, place the carrot puree, and pour in maple syrup, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir with a rubber spatula until completely combined.
6. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
7. Add the sunflower seeds and raisins and stir just until incorporated into the batter.
8. Fill each muffin cup with the prepared batter leaving a little room at the top for expansion.
9. Bake 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean and muffins are nicely browned on top.