1. Put dry ingredients into a bowl and blend together.
2. Add shortening to dry ingredients, and with a pastry cutter or a couple forks, cut shortening into dry ingredients until small pebbly texture.
3. Put mixture into tightly sealed container and store in cool, dry place.
1. Make entire batch by blending in 1/2 cup milk a little at a time. Use enough milk to make a stiff dough.
2. On floured surface, roll or pat out about 1 inch thick and cut into rounds with biscuit cutter, a clean empty can, or drinking glass dipped in flour.
3. Bake on greased baking sheet in 400 degree oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
note: You can also make half a batch by using half the mixture and only 1/4 cup milk.
I love having this biscuit mixture on hand. It makes fresh biscuits possible any morning!
Serve these biscuits with warm maple syrup or honey for a sweet breakfast treat. Or just butter and dig in. Be sure to eat them warm right out of the oven for maximum enjoyment.
Of course, you can make these biscuits to serve with lunch or dinner, as well. They are perfect as a side with soup or a light salad. And, you won't be disappointed serving these biscuits with your favorite sausage or tomato gravy, either. Enjoy!