Sunshine Poppy Muffins
* 1/2 C of milk
* 2 tbsp poppy seeds
* 1 orange, scrubbed clean
* 1 egg
* 1/4 C canola oil
* 1 1/2 C plain flour
* 1/3 C sugar
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp bicarb soda
1. Set the oven temperature to 375 degrees and allow the oven to preheat.
2. Soak the poppy seeds in 1/2 C of the milk and let stand for about 20 minutes.
3. Cut the orange into 8 pieces removing any seeds and place in the blender
4. Add the soaked poppy seeds, the egg and oil and blend until smooth.
5. Mix the flour and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
6. Add the baking powder and soda and mix until well blended.
7. Using your hands make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
8. Pour the orange mixture into the well.
9. Sir until all the dry ingredients is just moistened.
10. Place paper muffin liners into the cups on a muffin tin or grease the cups well.
11. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full of the batter.
12. Bake 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Talk about meeting your daily requirement for Vitamin C! These muffins have a whole orange in them, which not only makes the citrus flavor very intense, but a real boost to your dietary needs. Great for snacks or even breakfast. Enjoy!