1. Put prepared sweet potatoes in crockpot, add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Arrange chicken thighs on top of sweet potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Mix orange marmalade and chicken broth together in separate bowl, then pour over the chicken.
4. Set crockpot to LOW and cook covered for 6 to 8 hours.
5. Spoon hot sauce over top of chicken when serving.
6. Make steamed kale or other greens as a side dish for a complete meal.
I like using chicken thighs because they always stay moist, taste better (to me) than chicken breasts, and are a lot cheaper! All good things.
This is a kid-friendly meal. It's sweet while still being nutritious. You can use sugar-free orange marmalade if you like, but with just one cup for a dinner for 4 to 6 people, the sugar content isn't really that great.
Sweet potatoes are perfect in this dish because they have their own sweetness to add. The texture is very different from white potatoes, plus sweet potatoes have more dietary fiber and beta-carotene than white potatoes. So, they're tasty and nutritious, making this dish a perfect family meal.