Sweet 'n' Nutty Cherry Oatmeal Granola
* 4 C of old fashioned oatmeal
* 1 C wheat germ
* 1 C cold milled flax
* 3/4 C shredded coconut
* 2/3 C pine nuts, toasted
* 1/3 C oil
* 3/4 C honey
* 2 tsp vanilla
* 1 tsp nutmeg
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 2/3 C dried cherries
1. Preset the oven temperature to 350 degrees allowing the oven to preheat.
2. Coat a cookie sheet well with cooking spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl put the oatmeal, flax and wheat germ.
4. Stir in the coconut and nuts mixing well.
3. Pour in the oil, honey and vanilla.
4. Stir with a rubber spatula until the dry ingredients are completely moistened.
5. Add the nutmeg and cinnamon stirring to combine well.
6. Spread the above mixture evenly on the cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 30 minutes stirring at 10 minutes intervals.
8. Carefully stir the cherries into the baked mix.
9. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Snacking has really become an art form around our house. This is one recipe that satisfies everyone's snacking desires. There are nuts, grains, fruit, and even coconut, so no one goes without their favorites.