1. Put butter, brown sugar, honey, and water in a 9x13 baking pan.
2. Turn oven on to 375 degrees and set pan inside oven to melt ingredients.
3. Remove pan from oven when butter, brown sugar, and honey are melted, stir, then add the remaining ingredients and stir together well.
4. Put back in oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring every 10 or 15 minutes while it bakes.
5. Remove from oven, let cool, and add raisins, mixing again.
6. Let cool completely.
7. Store in tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
8. Serve as a snack or with milk as a cereal.
Brown sugar and honey are about as close as I like to get to sweetened cereals, so this recipe is perfect for me.
I serve this as a crunchy snack or a breakfast cereal in a bowl with milk. For a healthier snack or breakfast, I put a handful of this granola on top of a bowl of yogurt.
One of my favorite uses for this granola, however, is as 'travel food.' Fill a quart size ziplock bag with this granola and throw it in your carry-on bag for a plane trip or in your car for a road trip. It's good and good for you.