1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a deep baking dish with cooking oil.
2. Wash and core apples, scooping out a large portion of the core for plenty of fill space, and set them in baking dish.
3. In skillet over medium heat, break up and cook pork sausage until completely browned.
4. Add onion and garlic to the skillet, cook until onion is soft and transparent; remove skillet from heat and stir in raisins.
5. Spoon sausage mixture into apple cavities, packing firmly.
6. Divide the brown sugar between the apples, sprinkling on top.
7. Divide the butter into six sections; lay one section on top of the brown sugar on each apple.
8. Bake uncovered apples at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until apples become soft.
9. Remove and let sit at room temperature for 2 to 3 minutes before serving, then serve warm.