1. Bring 1/2 in of water to a boil over high heat in a large skillet.
2. Place green beans in the boiling water.
3. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Cover skillet and cook beans 8 minutes or until just tender.
5. Drain green beans well.
6. Replace skillet on stove over medium heat.
7. Add olive oil and heat through.
8. Place shallots in oil and cook 3 minutes or until lightly brown.
9. Replace green beans in skillet and add pepper.
10. Cook about 2 minutes stirring constantly.
11. Remove from heat.
12. Add lemon zest and basil.
13. Stir until well incorporated in the beans.
14. Place lemon wedges on top.
15. Serve while hot.