* 1 lb penne pasta, cooked and drained per package directions
* 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
* 2 tablespoons peanut oil
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 2/3 cup milk
* 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
* 2 limes, juiced
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 2 cloves garlic, diced
* 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
* 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
* 4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
If you'd like to try a Thai recipe on your family, this is a great one. The penne noodles make it very satisfying and most kids will eat something new and different if it's surrounded by noodles.
All the classic flavors for a Thai dish are here: peanut butter, ginger, cilantro, lime, and soy sauce. If any one of those flavors doesn't sit well with your kids, you can pretty much get along without it. But, normally, the peanut butter is what sells the kids on a Thai inspired dish, and, of course, here it's the noodles, too.