*3 large garlic cloves, crushed
*2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
*1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems trimmed off
*1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
*1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
*1/2 cup peanut oil
*8 ounces bow tie pasta
*12 ounces cleaned shrimp, cooked
*4 whole green onions, chopped
*3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1. Start by making the pesto. Put garlic, ginger, cilantro, peanuts, and red pepper flakes in food processor and start it running.
2. Slowly start to drizzle in oil as processor runs.
3. Stop when 3/4 oil is added, taste and season with salt as desired, then continue adding oil and process until smooth. (You can prepare this ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to use.)
4. To prepare meal; cook pasta in large pot according to directions on package. Just before you drain pasta, add the cooked shrimp to pot, then immediately drain pasta and shrimp mixture through colander.
5. Put the drained pasta and shrimp back in pot and stir in prepared pesto sauce, green onions, and lime juice.
6. Toss gently and serve immediately.
This recipe makes a small batch which will serve two people. But, you can easily double the ingredients and make a meal to serve more.
The flavors will blend better if you make the pesto sauce ahead of time. Even a few hours makes a difference, or make it the day before and store it in the refrigerator.
Sprinkle a handful of chopped salted peanuts on top when serving for a little crunch. Enjoy!