* 1 head cabbage
* 1 TBSP olive oil
* 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
* 1 medium yellow pepper, finely chopped
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1 TBSP seasoned rice vinegar
* 1 tsp. soy sauce
* 2 tsp. ginger root, minced, peeled
* 1 can (16 to 19 oz.) cannellini, rinsed and drained
* 1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
* 2 cans (14 1/2 oz) stewed tomatoes
1. Wash cabbage and remove the core.
2. Fill a Dutch oven pan 2/3 full of water.
3. Place Dutch oven over high heat on the stove.
4. Bring water to a boil.
5. When water is boiling place the cabbage into the water with the cut side up.
6. As the leavens soften separate them with a fork.
7. After separating all the leaves cover pan.
8. Boil for 15 minutes, cabbage should be tender.
9. Drain cabbage well.
10. Remove 8 of the best leaves and set aside.
11. Chop the remaining cabbage in small pieces.
12. Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat for about 1 minute.
13. Oil should just begin to heat.
14. Stir in the peppers and onion and allow cooking 6 minutes stirring often.
15. Place the chopped cabbage, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger to the pan.
16. Continue cooking 6 minutes.
17. Take the skillet off the heat.
18. Stir in the cannellini and water chestnuts.
19. Allow mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
20. Lay one of reserved cabbage leaves flat.
21. Add about 1/3 C of the filling to the middle of the leaf.
22. Roll the cabbage leaf around the filling tightly.
23. Place the filled cabbage rolls to the side.
24. Return the skillet to the stove over high heat.
25. Add the tomatoes to the skillet.
26. Bring the tomatoes and liquid to a boil.
27. Reduce heat to low.
28. Add cabbage rolls.
29. Cover the skillet and cook 15 minutes.
30. Serve with tomato mixture over the top of each cabbage roll.