Triple Chocolate Cookies
* 3 oz unsweetened chocolate powder
* 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
* 7 tbsp unsalted butter
* 2 tsp coffee powder
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 3 large eggs
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 1/2 cups sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat the unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet
chocolate and unsalted butter.
2. Separately mix the coffee powder and vanilla
3. Separately mix the flour, baking powder and
4. Beat the eggs and sugar (med-high speed) for
approx 4 minutes. Then add in the coffee
vanilla extract mix. Then add in the
5. Fold in the flour/baking powder mix and add
the sweet chocolate chips.
6. Cover it and let is sit at room temperature
for 30 minutes.
7. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment
8. Scoop out the chocolate mix into approx 1 tsp
size balls and spread them out about 2"
apart on both baking sheets.
9. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the
baking sheets on the mid-high and mid-low
racks. Cook for 5 mins, then take them out
and switch rack position. (med-low to
med-high and vice versa)
10. Total cook time should be about 11-16 mins
depending on your oven.
11. After cooking its important to let them cool
on their baking sheets and not a cooling
rack. This way the cookies will stay moist
and chewy, and just a little gooey.
I know this is a lot of ingredients and a lot of prep work for a short cooking time, but it's well worth it. Especially if you're a chocolate lover like me. When you're checking for done-ness, remember that the toothpick WILL come out dirty from the cookie because this is a moist, chewy cookie. Also, if you take the cookies off the baking sheets and place them on a rack to cool, they will get hard. They really are worth the effort. Enjoy!