Turnip Dumpling Soup
* 2 lg English onions, chopped fine
* 1 tsp herbs
* 1 tsp nutmeg, divided
* 1 carrot, diced
* 1 turnip, diced
* Pepper and salt to taste
* 2 TBSP of butter
* 6 C of water
* 4 eggs
* 1 C of reserved soup liquid
1. Place butter in a large soup pot over high and melt.
2. Add onions to the melted butter.
3. Cook until onions are slightly brown.
4. Once the onions have slightly browned add water.
5. Add the carrots and turnips.
6. Stir in the herbs, nutmeg, pepper and salt.
7. Bring to a rapid boil
8. Continue boiling for one hour.
9. Drain off half of the liquid from the soup and reserve,
10. Bring soup back to a rapid boil.
11. Place the eggs in a mixing bowl and beat well.
12. Add reserved soup to the eggs and mix well
13. Add 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
14. Add salt and pepper to taste.
15. Stir well.
16. Butter the inside of a mason jar.
17. Add soup mixture to the jar.
18. Place in a pan of boiling water and allow to thicken.
19. Return soup to a rapid boil.
20. Add spoonfuls of the thickened mixture to the soup.
21. Return soup back to a full boil.
22. Allow soup to boil up before serving.