Tuscan Style Zucchini & Vegetable Skillet
(A Little Bit of Tuscan Tonight)
* 2 tsp. olive oil
* 1 1/4 C zucchini, diced
* 1/2 C onion, diced
* 1/2 C celery, chopped small
* 1/2 C red bell pepper, chopped small
* 1 tsp. dried oregano
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 C dried tomato (substitute chopped fresh or canned diced if necessary)
* 1 (15oz) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed & drained
* 2 rosemary sprigs
* 1 C fresh spinach, chopped
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/8 tsp. pepper
* 1/2 C (2 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Pour the oil into a large skillet and place over medium heat, heating oil until hot but not smoking.
2. Place the zucchini, onion, celery and bell pepper into the skillet. Stir to mix together.
3. Sprinkle the oregano and garlic over the top and cook 7 - 8 minutes.
8. Add the dried tomato, beans and rosemary and cook 4 - 5 minutes.
10. Place the spinach into the skillet and cook just until the spinach begins to wilt.
12. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper stir well to mix all the flavors together and cook about 1 minute.
13. Remove skillet from the heat.
14. Sprinkle the cheese all over the top and cover skillet. Allow to sit a few minutes until the cheese has completely melted.
This is a grown-up dish which involves several steps and some standing in front of the stove, stirring and adding ingredients. Save this for a night without the kids. Get your ingredients together, pour a glass of wine, and enjoy the aromas!