* 3 large carrots, thinly sliced
* 1 large onion cut in wedges
* 1 pkg. (12 oz.) large mushrooms, quartered
* 3 TBSP olive oil
* 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small pieces
* 1 small zucchini, cut into chunks
* 2 slices whole-wheat bread, cubed
* 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
* 1/2 lb. Swiss cheese, cut into slices
1. Place 1 TBSP of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add carrots, onion and mushrooms.
3. Cook stirring almost constantly until the vegetables are starting to brown and all the oil has evaporated.
4. Remove vegetables and set aside in a large bowl.
5. Add another TBSP of olive oil to the skillet.
6. Add the broccoli.
7. Stir until the broccoli is completely covered with the oil.
8. Add 1/3 C of water.
9. Place a lid on the skillet and turn the heat to medium low.
10. Cook broccoli for 3 minutes.
11. Add the zucchini and continue to cook covered for 5 minutes.
12. The zucchini should just begin to tender.
13. Place the cooked carrots, onion and mushrooms back into the skillet.
14. Place the Swiss cheese slices over the vegetables.
15. Cover and cook until the cheese slices are melted.
16. Using a saucepan over medium heat, heat the last TBSP of olive oil.
17. Stir in the garlic and cook until the garlic has begun to brown.
18. Remove the garlic from the skillet.
19. Add the bread cubes to the saucepan and toast them.
20. Remove the toasted bread cubes and add them to the garlic.
21. Toss the toasted bread cubes with the garlic until completely covered.
22. Add the bread cubes to the skillet covering the top of the vegetables.