* 1 tsp olive oil
* 1/3 C onion, finely chopped
* 1/3 C red bell pepper, finely chopped
* 1/3 C zucchini, finely chopped
* 1/3 C celery, finely chopped
* 1/3 C eggplant, peeled and finely chopped
* 1/3 C fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
* 1 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 1 tsp red wine vinegar
* 1/3 tsp sugar
1. Over medium heat in a large skillet heat the olive oil.
2. Add the onions and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
3. Stir in the zucchini, celery and eggplant and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Blend in the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
5. Simmer the mixture uncovered for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool to just about room temperature.
7. Transfer the mixture to the food processor and process until smooth.
8. Stir in the wine vinegar and sugar until blended in well.
9. Chill just a touch and serve as dip with fresh cut vegetables.