Warm All Over Chicken Soup
*2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
*1 small onion, diced
*1/2 C carrots, diced
*1 celery stalk, diced
*3 garlic cloves, minced
*1 TBSP parsley
*4 chicken bouillon cubes
*1 tsp salt
*1/2 tsp pepper
*8 C water
*1-1/2 C no yolk egg noodles, uncooked
1. Place the chicken into a Dutch oven.
2. Add the onion, celery and carrots.
3. Place the garlic and parsley into the pot.
4. Add the bouillon cubes.
5. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over all the ingredients.
6. Pour the water into the pot.
7. Place the pot onto the stove over medium heat.
8. Bring the water to a brisk boil.
9. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot.
10. Cook the mixture 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
11. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon.
12. Allow the chicken to cool enough to handle.
13. Chop the chicken into pieces.
14. Return the chicken to the pot.
15. Turn the heat up to medium.
16. Bring the mixture back to a brisk boil.
17. Add in the noodles.
18. Cook 12 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
When you need a good hot bowl of chicken soup, you really don't want to mess around with anything that isn't your traditional chicken soup! There comes a time, when the weather is cold and your nose is dripping, that nothing will do but Grandma's chicken soup. This is it... the authentic "here, have some soup" chicken soup. Keep this recipe handy because it's going to get cold again outside before you know it.