Warm Me up Chili Anytime
* 1 lb ground chuck
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes
* 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
* 1 TBSP chili powder
* 1 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
* 2 (15 oz) cans chili beans
* 1/4 C water
* 2 TBSP cornstarch, if needed
* 1/4 C water, if needed
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat brown the meat.
2. As the meat beings to brown stir in the onion and garlic.
3. Cook until the meat is completely brown.
4. Drain well and set aside.
5. In a large saucepan over high heat mix together the tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
6. Bring mixture to a boil.
7. Carefully add the meat.
8. Stir in the beans.
9. Cover and reduce heat to low.
10. Allow mixture to cook on low for 50 minutes.
11. Uncover and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
12. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
13. For faster cooling place the covered saucepan in the refrigerator until become cool to the touch.
14. Once cool the chili can be placed in covered freezer containers.
15. Chili can be frozen up to 3 months and retain
16. To reheat place the water in a saucepan.
17. Add the frozen chili.
18. Cover and cook over medium heat until completely heated.
19. If you need to thicken the chili you can add the cornstarch to a 1/4 C of water.
20. Stir until mixed together well.
21. Add to the chili and stir until desired thickness is reached.