* 1 lb ground beef
* 1 can (14.5 oz)stewed tomatoes
* 1 can (15 oz)red beans
* 3 potatoes, scrubbed or peeled,diced
* 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
* 2 ribs of celery, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 large onion, diced
* salt to taste
* black pepper to taste
1. Brown ground beef in skillet; drain if needed.
2. Put browned ground beef into crock pot and add remaining ingredients; stir together gently to combine.
3. Cover, set crock pot to LOW heat, and cook for 6 to 8 hours, or until vegetables are fork tender.
This is the recipe we make in the middle of the week when it's too hard to think about being creative. I actually brown the meat at night and cut up all the veggies and put them in the refrigerator - the meat in a covered bowl, and the veggies in a ziplock bag. Then, in the morning I just throw everything together in the crock pot and turn it on to cook.