Yankee Doodle Dandy Dessert Squares
* 1/4 C butter
* 1 (16 oz) pkg. miniature marshmallows
* 20 caramels
* 10 C popcorn, already popped
* 1 1/2 C salted peanuts
* 1 C red, white and blue plain chocolate candies
1. Place a saucepan over very low heat.
2. Place the butter in the saucepan.
3. Add the marshmallows and caramels.
4. Stir constantly until the marshmallows and caramels have completely melted.
5. Mixture should be very smooth.
6. Spray a large rectangle pan with a non stick butter flavored cooking spray.
7. Spread the popcorn over the bottom of the prepared pan.
8. Sprinkle in the peanuts.
9. Add the chocolate candies.
10. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the top.
11. Do this quickly before the caramels begin to harden.
12. Use a wooden spoon to mix all the ingredients together well.
13. Spread the mixture evenly throughout the pan.
14. Cool to room temperature before cutting.