Yummy Italian Sausage Snacks
* 1 (16 oz) pkg hot roll mix
* 1 1/4 C hot water
* 2 tsp olive oil
* 1 1/4 lbs spicy Italian sausage
* 3/4 C pizza sauce
* 4 C (16 oz) shredded Italian cheese blend
* 2 tsp butter
* 1/2 tsp minced garlic
* 1/4 C freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet over medium heat cook sausage until browned through about 10 minutes.
2. Drain well on a paper towel.
3. Return sausage to skillet and crumble with a fork.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. Place hot roll mix into a large mixing bowl.
6. Add hot water and olive oil.
7. Mix well to blend together.
8. Let stand for 5 minutes.
9. Separate dough into 8 sections of equal size.
10. Place each section of dough on a lightly floured surface.
11. Use a rolling pin to roll out each piece of dough into a 4 x 6 in rectangle.
12. Sprinkle 1/4 C of cheese on top of each piece of dough.
13. Layer next with 1/3 C of sausage.
14. Cover with 1 TBSP of pizza sauce.
15. Sprinkle top with 1/4 C of cheese.
16. Fold dough over the top of the sausage mixture and pinch to seal.
17. Spray a large cookie sheet with a non-stick cooking spray.
18. Place pockets on cookie sheet and cover with a towel.
19. Allow dough to rise for about 30 minutes.
20. In a skillet over medium heat melt butter.
21. Add garlic and cook about 2 minutes making sure garlic is tender.
22. Bake pockets for 20 minutes or until just starting to brown on the outside.
23. Brush garlic butter over the top of pockets and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
24. Return to the oven and bake until cheese has completely melted on top.
25. Allow to stand about 5 minutes before serving.