Yummy Packed Burgers
* 4 slices of bacon
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 (6 oz) can mushrooms, drained and chopped fine
* 1 lb lean ground round (may substitute lean ground beef)
* 1 lb pork sausage
* 1/4 C Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 2 TBSP of your favorite low sodium steak sauce
1. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat 8 minutes or until crisp.
2. Drain the bacon well on paper towel.
3. Stir the onions into the bacon drippings.
4. Cook the onions 5 minutes or until tender.
5. Crumble the bacon back into the skillet with the onions.
6. Add in the mushrooms and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
7. Remove the pan from the heat but do not drain off the drippings.
8. Place the ground round and sausage into a mixing bowl.
9. Add the cheese, pepper and garlic powder.
10. Pour the steak sauce over the mixture and mix the ingredients until blended well.
11. Form the meat mixture into 16 thin patties.
12. Place a spoonful of the bacon mixture into the center of 8 patties.
13. Place the remaining 8 patties over the top and press down to spread the bacon mixture.
14. Be careful the bacon mixture does not flow over the edges of the patties.
15. Seal the patties closed around the edges.
16. Place the patties into the skillet.
17. Cook each patty 6 minutes per side until cooked through.
18. Place the burgers on paper towel to drain before serving.
This is a Loaded Burger! Be sure everyone is hungry when you make a batch of these burgers for the family. Serve them with hearty buns and dinner is complete!