1. Place flour, cocoa, rice syrup and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl mix together the egg and 1/4 C of water together.
3. Stir mixture until very smooth.
4. In another bowl pour the milk and vinegar in together and stir until blended.
5. Add the margarine and vanilla to the dry mixture.
6. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until starting to moisten.
7. Add the egg mixture.
8. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes until everything is combined together well.
9. Spray 2 cake pans with a non-stick cooking spray.
10. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
11. Fill both cake pans with the batter.
12. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
14. Remove from pans to frost.