* 20 to 24 spears fresh asparagus
* 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peel removed
* 2 limes, zested and juiced
* 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
* dash salt
* 1 1/2 cups cooked brown or long-grain white rice
* 3 Tbsp plain yogurt
* 3 (10 inch size) tortillas
* 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
* 2 Tbsp chopped sweet onion
1. Wash asparagus and snap off woody ends. Put whole asparagus in a steamer basket in 3 inches of water in large saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Take basket with asparagus out and immediately drop in ice water or run under very cold water; then dump onto rack to fully drain.
3. In a small glass bowl, add avocado, lime zest and juice, garlic, and salt and smash with a fork until well combined into a paste.
4. In a separate bowl, combine cooked rice and yogurt; mix together well.
5. To put together, start by heating the tortillas in a large dry skillet, about 10 to 15 seconds both sides.
6. As tortillas are heated, lay each on a plate, and spread mixtures over the center of each tortilla in this order: avocado mixture, rice/yogurt mixture, cilantro, onion, then the asparagus.
7. Roll the tortilla closed lengthwise, then cut each in half for 6 servings.
8. Serve immediately or if desired, refrigerate until needed. Just be sure to cover in plastic wrap and bring back to room temperature before serving. Cut each bundle in half to serve.